četvrtak, 9. svibnja 2013.

Talking to Myself: Why WWE, Why?

Written for The Wrestling Game

    Hello people of TWG™ (hi Julie!) and whoever stumbled upon this article! I am Ninoslav Maricic and I will be your host for another episode of "Talking to Myself". In this article I will be venting out my frustration about the last few episodes of WWE programing and their programing in general. Before I start let me just apologize for not writing an article last week. I was busy all week with my full time job and since this job pays in supporter, I just decided to get some sleep instead of writing an article.

    So, I was planing on writing about people I see as the future of this business (professional wrestling, not writing) but after watching last week and this week Raw (I had to skip Smackdown and Impact due to before mentioned time constraints, but judging by the ratings I'd say I didn't miss much) I have decided to write about this instead and keep the other topic for next week. Now, I understand that WWE has no real competition and that they don't have to bother to give people a good product to stay at the top, but this serious amount of suckage (I know that's not a real word) is getting really frustrating to watch. I do understand I don't really have to watch it, but what else is there for me to do? I already saw all of the episodes of my favorite shows, I saw all the movies I wanted to watch and I don't like other sports that much (so you got a sport where a bunch of people carry an egg in their hands and you call it "football" and you have a sport where 22 guys chase a ball for 90 minutes and the game ends at 0:0 and you call that "entertaining"). Sure, some will say that pro wrestling is not really a sport, but at least they admit it's all prearranged.

   Right, so what is my problem with wrestling and WWE? Let's see. Last week they had a dancing contest between Fandango and The Great Khali (you know, that big guy that can barely walk) and the audience was to decide who will be the winner. It seems to me that WWE is having a hard time realizing that all of those people are Fandangoing as a joke. They don't really like Faaan-daaan-gooo or his stupid giii-miiick. All those "You can't wrestle!" chants during his matches should be their first clue. The second clue should be the fact that he lost the dancing contest to The Great Khali. I know that Fandango's dancing in the ring that night was crap (I am no expert but that looked ridiculous) and that blond chick he had as his partner had a hard time doing splits (why did they have here as his partner if she can't do those right? I mean, it's a part of his entrance and she can't do it right), but Khali and Natalia looked like they were fighting instead of dancing.

   So, Khali and Natalia win and Fandango decides to attack Khali by clipping his leg. Unfortunatelly, he decided to clip his left leg and everyone knows that Khali's left leg doesn't bend at the knee. Needless to say, it all looked ridiculous even before Fandango decided to execute a Russian leg sweep which looked bad because Khali is too big for Fandango to do that move on him. Right, that went bad, so WWE decides to have another dancing contest next week where Fandango will be dancing against Chris Jericho. I can't wait! :(

    Another thing that frustrates me is the lack of good storylines. Or any storylines for that matter. Right now I would settle for a bunch of bad storylines. At least have one storyline for every title you have. It's not like you have that many titles in one organization. Instead, WWE decided to just have a storyline for the top two titles and maybe for the diva's title (I think that Kaitlyn's "secret admirer" is AJ Lee and that all of that is just her joke). US and Intercontinental champions are used as jobbers and Tag Team champions are involved with The Shield in a storyline that has nothing to do with the Tag Titles (at least for now). So what is the point in having those titles at all?

    And what is with all those people WWE creative has no idea what to do with? And why are they called "creative" when they can't think of what to do with people? How about you take those people and form a bunch of tag teams with them and let them fight over the Tag Team titles. Get that Tag Team division going again. Or fire some people you don't need or don't know what to do with them. You can start with firing WWE creative. It doesn't look like they are doing much anyway.

   Seriously, with this kind of programing the future of pro wrestling looks bad. I just hope TNA will come up with something good soon. With WWE doing so badly it shouldn't take them much to take the top spot away from them. All they need to do is stop copying them and stop recycling old storylines and get a few good ideas going. Maybe see if CM Punk is willing to jump to TNA and give him a good run in TNA. Or take Cena and turn him heel. I'm sure a lot of people would tune in to see that.

   Well, this is all I have for you this week. I am Ninoslav Maricic and you were reading "Talking to Myself: Why WWE, Why?". I will be back next week with another article and until then, I bid you adieu!

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar