petak, 24. svibnja 2013.

Talking to Myself: Just Give Up


    Hello people of TWG™ and whoever stumbled upon this article! I am Ninoslav Maricic and I will be your host for another episode of "Talking to Myself". Last week I was writing about people who I see as the future of WWE, so this week I will be writing about people who should retire. Some of the names here might surprise you and some of the names might not (especially if you have read my previous articles). Just like last week, some of the info in this article has been taken from Wikipedia.

Chris Jericho

    American - born Canadian wrestler born as Christopher Keith Irvine on November 9th, 1970. Joined Hart Brothers School of Wrestling in 1990 and two months later he had his first match as "Cowboy" Chris Jericho. After wrestling in Canada, Mexico an Japan, he came back to USA and eventually joined ECW in 1996. Since then, he won about 30 championships in ECW, WCW and WWE. Currently, he is alternating between being a wrestler in WWE and being a lead singer in Fozzy (a band he formed in 1999). He is still a big star in WWE and he can still wrestle, so I am sure that a lot of you will wonder why is he on this list. Well, my reason is simple. He can't commit full time to wrestling and he is only being used as a stepping stone for new wrestlers (people like Fandango). Besides, he already retired more than once (last time after being defeated by Dolph Ziggler) and that makes it hard for me to take him seriously.

The Great Khali

   Yes, he made it back to my article. I talk about this guy so much that some might think I hate him, but that is not the case. This first ever Indian wrestler in WWE was born on August 27th, 1972 as Dalip Singh Rana. He was a police officer in the Punjab state police before becoming a wrestler and he first came to WWE in 2006. Since then he won World Heavyweight Championship, Slammy Award for "Damn!" Moment of the Year and two Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards (Most Overrated and Worst Gimmick). He can "thank" Acromegaly for his looks, which is a disorder that causes the anterior pituitary gland to produce excess growth hormone. It also causes tumors and Khali had to have brain surgery in 2012. I talked about him in my previous articles a lot, mentioning problems with his legs (among other things) and I think it's fairly obvious why he is on this list.

Rey Mysterio

   Oscar Gutierrez Rubio, born on December 11th, 1974, made his wrestling debut in Mexico at the age of 14. He worked for AAA and then came to ECW in 1995. He was in WCW from 1996 to 2001 and then came to WWE in 2002. He won a total of 21 championships in WCW and WWE and he is one of the most popular wrestlers in WWE. Unfortunately, he also has a history of knee injuries and as a result he is often missing from the action.  Since this is happening a lot lately, I think it would be best if he would retire.

Sin Cara

    Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, born on December 22nd, 1982, made his wrestling debut on April 30th, 1998 at the age of 15. He wrestled as Mistico since 2004 and changed his name to Sin Cara when he debuted in WWE in 2011. He was a big star as Mistico and he got a few awards in 2006 from Wrestling Observer (Performer of the Year, Biggest Box Office Draw, and Best Flying Wrestler), but since he came to WWE he has been botching everything he could - his ring entrance, moves he executed in the ring and even tagging his partner. After embarrassing himself and injuring himself on a few occasions, I think he should just quit.

Triple H

    This guy doesn't need much introduction. He was born on July 27th, 1969 as Paul Michael Levesque. He wrestled in WCW as Terra Ryzing and Jean-Paul Lévesque and then came to WWE as Hunter Hearst Helmsley (abbreviated to Triple H after forming Degeneration X with Shawn Michaels). He won 23 championships during his career in WWE and he is currently wrestling part time. Even though he still looks good in the ring (just like Chris Jericho), he is wrestling occasionally and I see no reason why he should keep doing it any more. He should retire and take his spot in WWE Hall of Fame.

Undertaker

    I will finish the "official" part of the article with another guy that doesn't need much introduction. He was born on March 24th, 1965 as Mark William Calaway and joined WWE in 1990 and he won almost everything there is to win there (he is one of four superstars still eligible to become a Grand Slam Champion). He is also wrestling occasionally, but unlike Chris Jericho and Triple H, the reason for that are his problems with his knees. Aside from his Wrestlemania streak, I really see no reason for him to continue to perform. He should retire as undefeated at Wrestlemania and just like Triple H, take his spot in WWE Hall of Fame.

Comments From Readers

   Max van Balen wrote: "Hello my name is Max and i love your artical. You have fair opinions and they are fun to read. So i have a request. What about a artical about upsets. like who won a match or about title changes or heel face turns. I would love to know what you think are the best ones.

Greetz a huge fan, Max van Balen"


   First of all, thank you for the comment and kind words! As for your request, I don't think I will be writing an article about upsets or face/heel turns (at least not any time soon). I pretty much write what ever pops into my mind (sometimes a few hours before I actually write an article) and whenever I think about upsets, the only thing that pops in my head is me getting upset over the crap WWE and TNA are trying to sell as "entertainment".

   As for heel/face turns, I really don't know what to write about them. In my opinion, the best people that could do face/heel turns are Lex Luger and CM Punk. Watching those two I have a feeling they could start a show with a heel turn, then do a face turn within an hour and then turn heel again within the next hour and the people would not only buy it, but also love it. So, no article, but at least an opinion.

   Well, this is all I have for you this week. I am Ninoslav Maricic and you were reading "Talking to Myself: Just Give Up". Thank you all for reading and commenting and I will be back next week with another article. Until then, I bid you adieu!


For a little "extra" hold your cursor over the text of the article.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar